Serves 4, syn free
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 large tomatoes, diced
1 pack of risotto rice
4 chicken breasts diced and fried
1 pint of stock made with chicken Bovril
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chopped onion and garlic in a pan lightly sprayed with Fry light and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
2. Add the tomatoes to the pan
3. Add the rice and a little more Fry Light and cook for about a minute, until the rice is transparent.
4. Add the stock a cupful at a time until the rice soaks up the stock. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring all the time. Taste the rice to make sure it’s cooked through and add seasoning to taste. Keep a kettle of hot water nearby just in case you need to add more liquid. This should take around 35 minutes.
5. When the rice is cooked, cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes to thicken
6. Add the cooked chicken and serve with mixed salad