Serves 4, 2.5 syns per portion
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, all visible fat removed, each cut into 3 pieces
- Fry Light
- 100gm chorizo sausage, sliced into thick rings (9 Syns)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) hot chicken stock
- 1tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a flameproof casserole dish sprayed with Fry Light, add the bacon and fry for a few minutes. Add the chicken and chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is sealed and the pimiento oil is drawn from the chorizo.
2. Add the onion and red pepper, put the lid on the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, stock, sweetener, chickpeas and half of the parsley. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then take the lid off and simmer for another 15-20 minutes to let the sauce thicken. Season to taste.
4. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.