Tuesday 20 September 2011

Tomato & basil casserole

Serves 4

8 low syn/syn free sausages (I use Sausage shops tomato and basil syn free sausages but any others will do)
2 tins of baked beans
2 onions
1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tps basil
6 slices of bacon

Cook the sausages for 15 minutes until cooked then cut into bitesize pieces.

Peel the onion and dice, fry in fry light for 10 minutes until softened and browned.

Remove all the fat from the bacon and cut into bitesize pieces and add to the onions and fry for another 5 minutes.

In a large sauce pan mix the baked beans, paparika, salt & pepper, bacon, onion and sausages. Cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the basil.

Serve immediately.

It is nice served with mash.

1 comment:

  1. Fair Play to you on the weight loss.. Love all the Recipes you have put up and I must try some of them out.
    I also have joined slimming world about 7 weeks ago and have lost a stone already.
    I have just started blogging and will definitely be blogging about Recipes I have tryed so if you want to Check out, Follow and Share my Blog.
    http://smartiepantsblogging.blogspot.com/
    I will also will be reviewing products and services and blogging about those too plus once I have a few Followers I will be having weekly give aways.
    =D

    ReplyDelete