Serves 4 - syn free on red & EE
4 chicken breasts diced
142g natural fat free yogurt
5 tbsp of tikka curry powder
Salt & pepper
1 onion finely chopped
4 crushed garlic cloves
2.5cm of grated ginger (1/2 tbsp of ground ginger can be used instead
1 red chilli finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp tomato purée
5 tbsp fat free fromage frais
255ml of boiling water
1. Mix 3 tbsp curry powder, natural yogurt & chicken together & marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight if possible.
2. In a frying pan fry the onions in fifty light for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cumin & remaining curry powder for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the purée & water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
4. Grill the chicken pieces for 12-14 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the grill and add to the sauce.
5. remove from the heat & stir in the fromage frais.
Serve with salad on a red day or rice on a EE day