Serves 4, 2 syns on EE and red , 6 syns per serving if not using cheese as Hea
4 large jacket potatoes
454g/ extra lean minced beef
1 onion, chopped
2 red chillies, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
142ml beef stock, made with Bovril
113g mushrooms, sliced
1 level tbsp tomato purée
400g tin chopped tomatoes
113g red kidney beans
168g reduced fat cheddar
For the skins:
1. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place in a moderate oven until soft in the middle.
2. When the potatoes are ready, take them out of the foil and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Slice in half and scoop out a good amount of the potato, leaving roughly a ½in/1cm thick layer.
4. Place the potatoes back in the oven for 15-20 minutes to crisp up the skins.
For the chilli:
1. Dry fry the mince in a non-stick pan then drain to remove any excess fat and set aside.
2. Place the onions in the pan along with the chilli, garlic and stock and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mince, mushrooms, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes.
4.Simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes, add the kidney beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Fill the halved potatoes equally with the chilli mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese. Pop under a hot grill until the cheese is melted.